This Peruvian chicken recipe is a simple one-pan dish that’s just so ridiculously tasty. It combines the tangy, savory flavors of lime, cumin and paprika with sweet onions and peppers, and the chicken soaks up all the juicy goodness from the pan as it bakes.
Like my Egg Drop Soup, Easy Pepper Steak, Instant Pot Chicken Soup and Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers, it makes an easy weeknight recipe and reheats well for lunch the next day.
I highly (and I really mean HIGHLY) recommend serving it with this five-minute Peruvian green sauce (Aji Verde).
If you’ve never heard of it, it’s a fresh, slightly spicy sauce made with cilantro, lime juice, Aji amarillo paste (or jalapenos if that’s what you have on hand), garlic cloves and other yummy goodness. You can adjust the heat to for family’s preferences, and it can be used as a dipping sauce or marinade for grilled veggies and meat.
Print Pin0 from 0 votes
Sheet Pan Peruvian-Style Chicken Recipe
This Peruvian chicken recipe is a simple one-pan dish that’s just so ridiculously tasty. It combines the tangy, savory flavors of lime, cumin and paprika with sweet onions and peppers, and the chicken soaks up all the juicy goodness from the pan as it bakes. Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 45 minutes Total Time 1 hour Servings 6 people Calories 460kcal Author Heather Dessinger
- 3-4 pounds bone-in chicken (see notes)
- 3 tbsp lime juice (plus an extra lime for garnish if desired)
- 1 ½ tsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large sweet onions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbs cilantro leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and slice the onions to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Core and de-seed the red bell peppers. Slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- In a small bowl mix paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, lime juice and oil to form a paste. If it is too thick to spread, add an additional 1-2 tablespoons water.
- In a large bowl toss onions with 2 tablespoons of the paste and place them in the bottom of a rimmed sheet pan.
- Place the sliced bell peppers over the onions.
- Rub the chicken pieces with the remaining paste and place them in the pan with the skin side up. Place lime slices over the veggies and chicken.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook, occasionally basting with pan juices, until chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender (about 45 minutes).
- Chop cilantro leaves (if using) and and sprinkle them over the pan. Serve with Peruvian green sauce if desired.
This recipe can be made with a whole chicken that is cut into pieces like this, or drumsticks, or bone-in breast or thighs. You can also use chicken breast, just reduce the amount to 2-3 pounds. Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 736mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2535IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 3mg
More Yummy Chicken Recipes
Roast Chicken With Herb Infused Gravy – This slow roasted chicken is juicy, delicious and so simple to make. You’ll love the way it fills your home with the mouthwatering aroma of fragrant herbs.
Sweet and Sour Chicken – If you love takeout but not the MSG and corn syrup it contains, you are going to LOVE this! It’s from The Domestic Man’s most recent cookbook, Paleo Takeout, and it’s amazing. Seriously.
Easy Honey Mustard Chicken – Sweet and tangy, this recipe can be made with just a handful of ingredients and five minutes of hands-on time.
Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie – This chicken pot pie has a buttery crust and creamy chicken and veggie filling that makes it one of my family’s favorite comfort foods.