Slow cookers save the day when it comes to weeknight cooking, and this flavor-packed Slow Cooker Ranch Pot Roast proves it time and time again. A classic recipe, revamped with zesty Hidden Valley® Ranch seasoning!
This post is written in partnership with Hidden Valley® Ranch.
There’s nothing better than knowing early in the day that you’ve already handled dinner.
A slow cooker (or multi cooker) is the key. As your energy flags in the late afternoon, you know that you’ll simply have to open your slow cooker and dinner is served. A gift any day of the week!
How to Make Pot Roast in the Slow Cooker?
This pot roast is a cinch to pull together, and especially tasty (and easy) when you add Hidden Valley® Ranch seasoning to give it that unforgettable flavor boost.
- You’ll start by coating the roast with the seasoning.
- Then pop it into the slow cooker with a few garlic cloves and some stock, and let it cook for about five hours.
- Finally, you’ll open the pot, adding carrots, potatoes, and pearl onions and continue to cook for a few hours more. That’s a dinner you can celebrate.
What’s the Best Beef for Pot Roast?
The two best cuts of beef for pot roast are chuck and bottom round. Chuck is a little fattier and falls apart (in a good way) when you slice it. Bottom round is a leaner cut, but still becomes tender in the pot.
How to Store Leftovers?
Well, we can’t imagine an occasion in which you’d have many leftovers of this crowd-pleasing dinner, but should you prove us wrong, simply refrigerate your leftover pot roast and veggies in an airtight container for up to four days.
TIP! This pot roast is even better the second day.
Follow me on Pinterest Save It Saved Print
Slow Cooker Ranch Pot Roast Recipe
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 8 hours
- Yield: 8 servings
This recipe was inspired by a similar recipe from Hidden Valley®
- 4 pounds beef chuck or round roast
- 1-ounce (4 tablespoons) HIDDEN VALLEY® ORIGINAL RANCH® SEASONING & SALAD DRESSING MIX SHAKER
- 1 cup low-sodium beef or chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, halved, or quartered if on the large side
- 5 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces peeled pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Slow cooker or Multi Cooker
1 Season the meat: Set the beef on a plate and sprinkle it with the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning, Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix, rubbing it into the meat.
2 Slow cook the pot roast: If your slow cooker has a trivet, place it in the pot (this makes removing the roast easier.) Add the meat, stock, and garlic to the pot and cook for 5 hours on low in a slow cooker, or in an instant pot on ‘slow cook’ set to ‘normal’.
3 Add the vegetables to the pot: Add the potatoes, carrots, and onions to the pot. Close the lid and cook for 3 more hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
4 Serve: Remove the meat from the pot and slice it into 1/2-inch thick slices. Discard the garlic cloves.
Serve the slices on a platter surrounded by the vegetables or in individual shallow bowls.
Spoon some of the broth over the meat and vegetables and sprinkle with parsley.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.