Sprint has big 5G news to share today. The soon-to-be-extinct wireless carrier, which will (likely) become a part of T-Mobile, announced four new 5G cities as well as the availability of their new 5G phone, the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.
Sprint’s new 5G cities are New York, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Washington D.C. Those four join Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and Kansas City, bringing Sprint’s total to nine 5G areas. Combined, all of Sprint’s 5G areas cover 2,100 square miles and approximately 11 million people once all is live. As Sprint notes in a press release for this news, that’s more coverage than “any other US carrier to date.”
For those new areas, you’ll find 5G as follows, according to Sprint:
- New York City: Sprint True Mobile 5G will cover approximately 1.7 million people with service available in parts of Manhattan from Central Park to the southern tip. Sprint 5G service is available in parts of Midtown East and West, including popular destinations such as Times Square, Chelsea Piers, Rockefeller Center, and the areas around Jacob Javits Center and the Port Authority Bus Terminal. In addition, Sprint 5G service can be experienced in parts of the Upper East Side including Lenox Hill and Yorkville areas; and the Lincoln Square area of the Upper West Side, as well as parts of Greenwich Village, East Village, and Chinatown in Lower Manhattan. Sprint 5G also covers the ingress and egress to La Guardia and JFK Airports, parts of Flushing and Rockaway Beach in Queens, Red Hook in Brooklyn and Concourse in the Bronx. In New Jersey, Sprint will cover areas of Hudson County including Union City and North Bergen.
- Los Angeles: Sprint True Mobile 5G will cover approximately 1.2 million people with service available from Marina del Rey to Downtown L.A., and West Hollywood to Culver City. Sprint 5G covers popular locations such as USC, UCLA, West L.A., Midtown and Downtown Los Angeles, including LA Live and the LA Convention Center. Sprint customers can experience True Mobile 5G while shopping on Rodeo Drive, catching a game at Dodger Stadium, browsing museum row on the Miracle Mile or hanging out in Century City. In addition, Sprint 5G is also available in parts of Orange County, Pasadena and Cerritos.
- Phoenix: Sprint True Mobile 5G will cover approximately 740,000 people with service available across the greater Phoenix metro area with service in parts of Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale and Glendale. Sprint customers can experience mobile 5G at popular destinations such as Mill Avenue near ASU, Sun Devil Stadium, Wells Fargo Arena, Grand Canyon University, Heard Museum, Sloan Park, Scottsdale Waterfront at Stetson Canal, Old Town Scottsdale and the Biltmore area along Camelback Road.
- Washington, D.C.: Sprint True Mobile 5G will cover approximately 520,000 people with service available around the US Capitol, the White House, the National Mall, Foggy Bottom, Downtown, Penn Quarter/Metro Center, Dupont Circle, West End, Logan Circle, Southwest, Shaw/Howard University, U-Street Corridor, NoMA, Atlas District, Brentwood/Edgewood, Catholic University, Trinity College, Bloomingdale, Columbia Heights, Sheridan-Kalorama, Woodley Park, Cleveland Park , Forest Hills, Wesley Heights, American University, Friendship Heights, Glover Park, McLean Gardens, Foxhall/Spring Valley, Cathedral Heights, Observatory Circle and Carver Langston. Just outside of D.C., True Mobile 5G is available in areas of Maryland’s Montgomery County, including Bethesda/North Bethesda, NIH/Walter Reed, Chevy Chase and Cabin John. In Northern Virginia, Sprint 5G is available in areas of Arlington, including Rosslyn, National Cemetery and Crystal City, as well as McLean and Tysons Corner in Fairfax County.
Sprint 5G Cities
|Atlanta, GA||Los Angeles, CA|
|Chicago, IL||New York, NY|
|Dallas-Fort Worth, TX||Phoenix, AZ|
|Houston, TX||Washington DC|
|Kansas City, MO/KS|
Spint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
The OnePlus 7 Pro 5G will first be available at select Sprint stores in 5G markets on August 27, along with online availability August 28. General availability in non-5G markets will happen September 6. The phone will cost $20/mo on a Sprint Flex lease.
Curious how this version differs? There is no difference between the regular OnePlus 7 Pro and the 7 Pro 5G outside of the 5G modem inside. The rest of the specs are the same and you can find our review right here.
- Buy Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
// Sprint